Re: GUB make bootstrap failed at download of linux headers 2.4.34

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB make bootstrap failed at download of linux headers 2.4.34
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:37:12 +0200

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:30:36PM +0100, Colin Hall wrote:

> Running download_url
>   ('http://mirror.anl.gov/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/linux-2.4.34.tar.bz2',
> '/home/colin/gub/downloads/linux-headers')
>   {}
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> Is this a surprise?

I'm slightly surprised, although no problem with GUB _really_
surprises me.  Mirrors occasionally die out, but I wouldn't have
expected that one to go.

> Can someone recommend a resolution?

Try finding a different mirror (use the normal kernel.net mirror
service web pages to find one), then edit
  gub/specs/lilypond-headers-*.py
  (possibly the wrong name)
to point to the new location, then try "make bootstrap" again.

If it works, then we could apply that patch to the main repo.