Re: European lilypond meetings

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: European lilypond meetings
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 22:57:54 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> Travel by train or bus should focus on Dortmund, about 9 miles from here
>> and the next large city.
>
> What a pity that I won't have time from mid-July to mid-August, given
> that my two larger children live in Dortmund (I have lived there for
> 15 years also)...  In other words, I wouldn't need an accomodation at
> all.

Up to now, we have not had much of a date set.  After mid-August should
be possible.  School vacations end here on August 21st.  There would be
some motivation to have the meeting not later than that since there
tends to be less business in the riding school in the summer holidays
and so less chance for commotion.  Earlier dates in the July/August
range also have a slight advantage in horse fly density though I seem to
remember that September is worse.

That would, however, be mostly important for things like scythe
training: like with programming, you are doing it wrong if you are
employing all your strength while the code lines fall along with the
ground you occasionally upset: instead the art lies in keeping your
tools and skills in a shape where you cover ground evenly and simply and
with light action that does not cleave into unexpected obstacles.  Of
course, the training material here is just nettles or C++ or whatever
keeps horses and Bison from grazing instead of grain or hay, but the
issues are similar.