Re: Document <> and improve other simultanous music documentation. (issu

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Document <> and improve other simultanous music documentation. (issue 6248080)
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 12:14:25 -0700

On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 01:09:37 -0700, <address@hidden> wrote:

On 2012/06/02 07:28:37, dak wrote:

It would seem that _trailing_ <> are not really something we should
lightly suggest since it is unknown what their articulations will
attach themselves to.

I suggested it weightily.
The notations attached to <> are engraved as if they were attached to a note
starting at the musical moment of the empty chord.

When I'm writing a decrescendo at the first beat of a measure, for example, I know
that LilyPond joins it with the next dynamic if there is one, but stops the hairpin
at the barline if I end it with \!.  That's the right thing to do, and the docs told
me how LilyPond does it.  When the note or rest that would take the \! is separated
by a double bar, key change, comments, etc., I happily type s1*0\!, or <>\!,
before the double bar, etc., and get the same correct output.

http://www.google.com/search?q="s1*0"+site:mutopiaproject.org
--
Keith