Re: generalizing offsets to properties

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: generalizing offsets to properties
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 07:55:21 +0200

Hi all,

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
> After working with \shape (which offsets 'control-points), I've been
> tinkering with the idea of generalizing offsets to LilyPond's defaults.
> I've attached a sketch of a function which attempts to do this, and I show
> it in operation in a number of situations.
>
> I'm wondering what your thoughts are about this approach.

David already knows my opinion ;) - i'd just like to share with you
how this function made my day yesterday!
I have a song with piano accompaniment which contains loads of portato
passages, and they were pushing the height of staves too far.
I simply used the Offsetter and everything is great - see attached!

Thank you!!
Janek