Re: cleanup: infinity, get property (issue 6310043)

From: dak
Subject: Re: cleanup: infinity, get property (issue 6310043)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:58:03 +0000

address@hidden writes:

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
indeed, i'm more silly than i thought.
Is the inheritance correct now?
I still get an error, though...
Btw, why doesn't Flag inherit from Item?

Good question.  Looking through this and stem, it would seem that
this
does not work via inheritance but rather callbacks.  So disregard
what I said previously.

Should Lyric_text inherit from Item, then?

Apparently not.

Or is it totally irrelevant?

Possibly.  I consider it likely that this class is never instantiated,
but I don't have enough of a clue right now.

You likely want to use a grob property, in which case you would write
me->get_property (...).

Done - works without any problem :)
Should i also change lyricMelismaAlignment to be a grob property?

No idea.

Using a context property does not make sense here since the lifetime
of a grob is not synchronized to the lifetime of context properties.

You mean that a context property may be changed during the lifetime of
one grob?

Sure.  The lifetime of a grob is until the output is produced.  The life
time of the interface is likely more interesting.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6310043/diff/2008/scm/define-grobs.scm
File scm/define-grobs.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6310043/diff/2008/scm/define-grobs.scm#newcode1282
scm/define-grobs.scm:1282: (default-alignment . 0)
should i name it 'default-alignment-X'?

No idea.  Someone else needs to answer this.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6310043/