Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2607 in lilypond: Patch: Allow immediate Schem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2607 in lilypond: Patch: Allow immediate Scheme expressions to take multiple values
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:50:39 +0200 (CEST)

> If I break down the example I listed before, here are a few
> useful ways of applying it:

This is much easier to understand, thanks.  However:

> ; this $@ produces elements for a sequential music list via map!.  Each
> ; element is constructed from p, a list of pitches making up a chord,
> ; and from d, which is a list first containing a duration followed by
> ; _optional_ articulations, so address@hidden actually can return several
> tokens of
> ; _different_ type.

here I would still like to have an elementary example how mapping
works, something like

  In general, mapping a procedure over lists create a new list, for
  example

    (map! + '(1 2 3) '(4 5 6))   =>   (5 7 9)

  More details on various mapping functions and its constraints can be
  found in

http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/SRFI_002d1-Fold-and-Map.html#SRFI_002d1-Fold-and-Map

    Werner