Re: Stable release.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Stable release.
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 07:55:33 +0100

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:07:38PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> The release policies demand 2 weeks without critical regression after a
> development release.  So far, we have rarely lasted a single week.  The
> policies are slated for rediscussion at the end of summer.  By that
> time, we'll not be hitting the freezes for the fall releases of the
> distributions.

if by "the end of summer" you mean "today"?

201-06-27 GOP2-2 - Stable releases and roadmap (radical change)
http://lilypond.org/~graham/gop/

ok, admittedly I typo'd the 2012 part of it, and remember that the
policy question is -1 day from the wednesday (i.e. on Tuesday the
26th).

This has been scheduled for a few weeks; check the git log for
lilypond-extra if you want.