lilypond-devel

Re: cherrypicking our way to 2.16

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: cherrypicking our way to 2.16
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 06:25:06 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> Once the most recent critical issues are squashed, are people up for
> forking off a stable branch from 2.15? Administratively we'd go into
> cherrypick mode like we did for 2.13 where we institute a moratorium
> on pushing to the stable branch and have a cherrypick Czar (like Carl
> was a year-ish ago) port critical bugfixes to this branch. All release
> candidates would come from this branch.

That sounds like a good idea, but the typical death of our release
candidates was by regressions more than a month old rather than
last-minute work done before the release candidate.  Our "stable branch"
basically is the last development release.

So while this sounds eminently reasonable, it does not seem to
significantly help with out current situation.

--
David Kastrup