Re: git-cl under Windows

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: git-cl under Windows
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 20:24:05 +0100

Trevor Daniels wrote Tuesday, July 03, 2012 11:49 PM

> But some changes to git-cl were necessary to run under
> Windows, even with 2.7.  I'll document these more clearly
> tomorrow.

Here's what I found necessary, or at least the easiest way,
to run git-cl under Windows.  Surprisingly easy in retrospect.

1. git-cl does not run under python 2.4.5, the version shipped
with LilyPond, so first you need to download and install
python 2.7.  Other versions may be just as good, but this is
the one I used successfully.  Fortunately lilypond-book seems
to work fine under 2.7, at least to compile pitches.itely.

2. In git-cl remove or comment out line 9:
         import readline
as this fails in Windows.  This line will not be present in the
LilyPond binary distribution from 2.15.41 on.

3. The vi executable cannot be invoked by git-cl due to
the file name having no extension.  Copy it somewhere
else and rename it to vi.sh [sic].  Then set the environment
variable EDITOR to its full path.

That seems to be all!  And I've now got texi2html working
again under Windows too, so I'm now able to generate and
test doc patches again  :)

Trevor