Re: Whitespace and scheme

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Whitespace and scheme
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:31:54 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 11:18 AM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

Would I be right in saying that in scheme files (a) (define lines
should always be left-justified (no space before)

No, just top level defines, like everything at top level.  Top level is
when the preceding part of the file has matched opening and closing
parens.  Roughly.

and (b) indents should always be 2 spaces and never tabs?

I'm looking at music-functions.scm and it has tabs and non-left defines.

I don't think we have a no-tab policy for Scheme files.  What defines do
you have in mind?

(define-public (set-mus-properties! m alist)

has the additional leading space and a couple of tabs.

--
Phil Holmes