Re: clear policy discussions

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: clear policy discussions
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 23:34:47 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I see that you're angry with current system.
>>
>> It is not a matter of angry.  It fails to do its job, and does it in a
>> manner that is damaging to the morale of the developers.
>
> ok, bad word - my mistake (i mean, a wording mistake - i've named your
> feeling/attitude/.. wrongly).  Replace with "disappointed" or whatever
> you find most suitable.
> :)

I am not angry or disappointed about every bug I encounter, but that
does not mean that I consider leaving them in place.

We have not organized our release process in a manner where it proves
psychologically rewarding for contributors.  As most contributions come
from humans, it makes good sense to adopt our processes to their
motivational receptors.