Re: Check in Texinfo 2012-07-03.16 (issue 6374068)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Check in Texinfo 2012-07-03.16 (issue 6374068)
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 02:29:59 +0000

Reviewers: Graham Percival,

Message:
On 2012/07/15 01:45:06, Graham Percival wrote:
I can't see any diff on rietveld, but presumably there's so much being
changed
that a diff wouldn't be helpful anyway.

If a "make doc" looks good to you, and you're willing to handle any
potential
fall-out from breakage at this point in the release cycle, then as far
as I'm
concerned you can push directly to staging.  OTOH, if you'd rather
wait until
2.17, that's cool too.

Downloading the raw patch works, and so does looking at the dev/texinfo
branch in git  I uploaded the changes two times without success: I have
no idea what makes Rietveld go wrong here.

The indexes look ok to me.  Werner claimed that this Texinfo version
would make it possible to improve formatting.  If 2.16 comes with a
better printed manual, that's not wrong.  I have not seen positive
evidence to this effect, or more specific information about what would
be needed to make use of the additional possibilities, and who would do
the work.

Check in Texinfo 2012-07-03.16

Fix for indexing macros.

Please review this at http://codereview.appspot.com/6374068/