Re: Add function for overriding broken spanners to LilyPond. (issue 6397

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Add function for overriding broken spanners to LilyPond. (issue 6397054)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 19:17:36 -0500

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> 2012/7/18 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Thomas Morley
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> I wrote this snippet a year ago.
>>> Give me some days and perhaps I come up with sth more elaborated.

I took a look at this--I couldn't resist!!--and actually it wasn't too hard to incorporate Harm's (very cool) snippet into \alterBroken.  I've attached a file which shows how his example would be expressed with that command.

I really like the idea of expanding the function like this.  For one thing, it's a little confusing that the original \alterBroken would work with grobs like SystemStartBar (somewhat unexpectedly classed as a spanner) and not with a clef and its end-of-the-line cautionary.

This is a draft and I'd like to look over these revisions a bit before I amend the patch.

What do you think?

-David