Re: Issue 2584 (redo 1967): please make partcombine merge slurs (issue 6

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Issue 2584 (redo 1967): please make partcombine merge slurs (issue 6294047)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:58:47 -0700

I wasn't very clear with fragmented codereview comments below.

There is one new problem, with slurs silently dropped in
  \partcombine {c''2^( d'')} {c'2( d')}

The problem is avoided if get_property("direction") is replaced with get_pure_property(),
but I don't like the idea of having even more code require understanding of "pure".
Better might be to cache the first explicit direction on a slur-start-event this time-step.

Another solution is to do what version 2.14 did and ignore all but the first
slur-start-event we see (but keep the new more intelligent filter for warnings).