Re: Syntax change proposal:

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Syntax change proposal:
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 10:42:09 +0100

David Kastrup wrote Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:01 AM

> Keith OHara <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If I make a function
>>   \dichrom3D { c4 d e f } 3.7
>> that engraves a passage so that the notes appear to float 3.7 staff-spaces
>> above the paper when viewed with red/cyan 3D glasses,
>>
>> then if I use it on an isolated note \dichrom3D e 2.9
>> I get a dotted-half-note e floating 9.0 staff-spaces above the page.

I'm not sure I've followed all this discussion, but if it is or
becomes possible to write a music function like \dichrom3D
which /silently/ behaves differently if one of its real arguments
happens to begin with a sequence that can be interpreted as
a duration, then we've definitely gone astray.

Please tell me I've misunderstood something.

Trevor