Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 11:03:57 +0200

Rodolfo Zitellini <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi All!
> is the meeting open to all users?

Yes.  We need to keep track of the head count and have to cater for
accommodation/food accordingly, but that does not seem like much of a
problem right now.

> I would be very interested in coming, as I would love to learn a bit
> more of the program's internals and how to interact with scheme. I can
> also help a bit for the releases (my c++ is a bit rusty, but well...)

At the current point of time, making releases would not appear to
require more than patience and problem solving skills in the area of
scripting.  And a lot of horse power.

> and I have no fear of the build system (well, mostly, but I had to
> compile stuff much more involved than Lilypond) Another thing I would
> like to talk about is using Lilypond in a professional print
> environment. In my University we are starting a new series of printed
> music books ("Musik aus Schweizer Klöstern") and Lily will be the tool
> for engraving all the music (well, "will be" at 90%, you never know
> what can happen in environments like this, but we are already making
> the layout of the next three books in Lily) - so discussions on long
> term archival of the music sources, how to setup a workflow with other
> people and like are all interesting to me.

I think that brainstorming around where we want LilyPond to go and how
to take along the work that has already been done on and with it is
certainly something worth doing.