Re: Fwd: Using MSH Paris Nord server

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fwd: Using MSH Paris Nord server
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:37:47 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes:

> On 30/07/2012 16:21, Graham Percival wrote:
>> oh, logins just occurred to me.  Can gerrit let people log in with
>> their google accounts (IIRC there's an api for that), or would we
>> all need to make new accounts on the gerrit server?
>

> IIRC, gerrit works with any openID service...
> A while ago I set up gerrit on my server to evaluate it (I even posted
> it here), but I have meanwhile removed the installation again, as it
> seemed no one was really interested.

Without test-patchy understanding Gerrit URLs, there is really no way in
which one can actually test this in connection with LilyPond
development.  In addition I would have needed a login IIRC.

I agree with Graham that a transition is not feasible unless we can
continue working with the Google Code frontend.  A frontend move would
be much more of a non-reversible change than supporting another backend.