Re: Fwd: Using MSH Paris Nord server

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Fwd: Using MSH Paris Nord server
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:12:02 +0200

Il giorno lun, 30/07/2012 alle 15.21 +0100, Graham Percival ha scritto:
> Ok.  I just want to emphasize that you could easily spend 20 hours
> setting this up, but then have the response be "no, we prefer the
> old system".

I got it :-P

> oh, logins just occurred to me.  Can gerrit let people log in with
> their google accounts (IIRC there's an api for that), or would we
> all need to make new accounts on the gerrit server?

The two options are
* using OpenId, see http://openid.net/get-an-openid/ (with the suboption
of restricting it to logins through HTTPS, or to Google accounts)
* setting up HTTP(S) authentification, requiring all of us to make new
accounts on that server.

I'm currently setting up the server with the default (OpenId), but I
don't mind changing it if there are strong wishes for the other option.

John