Re: [Lilypond-auto] Patchy report from grenouille

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Patchy report from grenouille
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 10:25:13 +0200

Hi guys,

Sorry to flood -devel with many Patchy failures, but we're still at an
early stage of experimenting concurrent runs of Patchy-staging, ones
on-demand made on fast machines, and ones made on Grenouille that take
hours but (hopefully) runs every 8 hours [1] without human intervention.
Previous failures have come a lot from my experiments on Patchy code,
and a little from bugs in existing code, I'm commenting a bit on this
failure below.

[1] I decreased frequency a bit because a build takes between three and
four hours, and I'm setting up a build of translation branch (without
any merging operation) to be run every 8 hours too, interleaved with
Patchy-staging.

Le dimanche 05 août 2012 à 21:02 +0000, address@hidden a écrit :
> 08:55:13 (UTC) Begin LilyPond compile, previous commit at
> ac0e95c8112250bcaddf0bce57ba2980767a2f43
> 08:55:18 Merged staging, now at:      c28baa15608b96e15ae3971ac2a70cc65282c110
> 08:55:23      Success:                ./autogen.sh --noconfigure
> 08:56:29      Success:                ../configure --disable-optimising
> 08:58:45      Success:                nice make clean
> 09:41:03      Success:                nice make -j2 CPU_COUNT=2
> ANTI_ALIAS_FACTOR=1
> 11:42:29      Success:                nice make test -j2 CPU_COUNT=2
> ANTI_ALIAS_FACTOR=1
> 21:02:39      Success:                nice make doc -j2 CPU_COUNT=2
> ANTI_ALIAS_FACTOR=1

Wow, I can't figure out why it took so long to build this time, whereas
it went back to normal this morning (3h12min).  It doesn't seem that
there have been other processes with high resource consumption at the
same time, and the hard disk is sane.

> 21:02:41 *** FAILED STEP ***
>       merge from staging
>       Command '['git', 'push', 'origin', 'test-master-lock:master']' returned
> non-zero exit status 1
> error: src refspec test-master-lock does not match any.

Mmh, I thought I fixed locking functionality in
lilypond-extra:24e9bc986062605022eba75ff168310de2d614c,
but I didn't; a Patchy should not remove test-master-lock branch
if it exists already and another Patchy is running at the same time;
I'll try to fix this with writing PID to $LILYPOND_BUILD_DIR/patchy.pid,
so that Patchy should remove test-master-lock in case some previous
Patchy run died unexpectedly.

> error: failed to push some refs to '/var/src/lilypond-git'

This is normal and wpuld have happened even without the deletion of
test-master-lock by the Patchy run at 16:55 UTC: Phil's Patchy picked up
a revision in staging newer than when my Patchy started, and his run
completed a lot earlier; in this case I think a message should say
"Info: origin/staging has been fastforwarded to a newer revision than
last fetch to the repository of this computer." and not CC
lilypond-devel.

Best,
John