Re: tie and slur end at the same place

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: tie and slur end at the same place
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 08:37:10 +0200 (CEST)

> Had a chance to look into it.

Thanks.

> The too-closeness is registering, so the issue is either one of:
>
> 1) The details list for slurs needs different values.
>
> 2) Not enough potential slurs are being generated and thus there is
>    no candidate that is far enough away from the tie.
>
> I tried to tinker with (1) but couldn't get it work.  I haven't
> tried (2) yet but see if you can increase the attachment range (I
> forget how to do this...maybe changing minimum-length) and see if
> that helps.  Once you've exhausted (1) and (2), ping the list w/ the
> results.

I fear that I don't really understand what you want me to do.  The
correct solution to the problem is to make the slur end one step lower
on the right side, similar to the left side.  IMHO, this is such an
obvious solution that it should be found programmatically also.
Actually, I can't imagine how this slur end point is *not* a
candidate, so this looks like a bug.

Is there a possibility to make lilypond print out the list of
candidates of a given slur?

    Werner