Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 10:21:16 -0400

On 17 août 2012, at 07:19, address@hidden wrote:

http://codereview.appspot.com/5626052/diff/106004/lily/axis-group-interface.cc
File lily/axis-group-interface.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5626052/diff/106004/lily/axis-group-interface.cc#newcode651
lily/axis-group-interface.cc:651: -------------------------------/
I've experimented with disabling the horizontal skylines, and it didn't
actually make any difference to the regtests. Could you add something
that exercises this?

I could - it'll take me a bit of time to cook it up.  Essentially the horizontal stuff exists to differentiate between the two images in the attached file. The top one shouldn't shifted whereas the bottom should and the only way to know is via the horizontal skylines.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5626052/diff/106004/lily/axis-group-interface.cc#newcode658
lily/axis-group-interface.cc:658: are avoided
Have you measured the costs of not having exempt?

Not yet - I'm sure there is a minimal speedup for certain scores, but we can certainly delete it down the line if people think it's more trouble than it's worth.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5626052/