Re: Removes popen3 deprecated warning (issue 6471043)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Removes popen3 deprecated warning (issue 6471043)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:09:58 +0100

Phil Holmes

> See my other note - if you have stashes of your installs, have a look at
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\lib\python2.4\config\config.c
>
> You'll see that at 15.18 there's no mention of msvcrt but in 15.21 it's
> there.  So something (but I don't know what) caused us to start delivering
> msvcrt-linked python at that time.  There's no binary needed to test this
> one - you could update/download an updated book_snippets.py, or I could send
> you one, if you want?

I don't have the versions of 15 between .13 and .21 installed, but I can
confirm that config.c does not contain msvcrt in .13 but config.c in .21 and
later all do.  So you've definitely found the source of the msvcrt problem -
the python installation on the machine used to run GUB must have changed
between 15.18 and 15.21.  That explains why the symptoms of issue 1933
changed between Sept 11 and Dec 11 too.

It probably isn't worth pursuing this any further as it's no longer an issue,
unless Graham has any recollection of what might have changed between
the .18 and .21 builds.  It would be nice to know, just in case it reappears.

Trevor