Re: The currently still assembled part of the team in Waltrop

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: The currently still assembled part of the team in Waltrop
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:49:46 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

The female plays MTG.  Among the 4-legged ones, Fridolin is the one who
is likely to hop on the pedestal (partly against desperate attempts of
his rider to keep him off) and stay there for hours.  He is mostly kept
in the stable because he ignores every fence and has a pretty solid
technique for slipping under them without getting too much of a shock.

Winni is a Haflinger, and the embodiment of laziness.  When Conny bought
her, she was told that she went A tournaments for jumping at one time,
but did not think much of it.  Then there was a "fun tournament" for
young riders in the vicinity, and Conny thought this might be nice
entertainment for some of her young students.  "fun tournament"
basically is things like carrying eggs or water while on horseback.

However, the fun tournament happened on normal riding grounds, and the
atmosphere apparently was fitting.  Winni was piqued.  She scanned the
vicinity in search of the next obstacle.  A piece of fence before the
spectators was deemed suitable, and she trotted, then cantered towards
it, clearing the fence (while losing the kid) right into the spectators
who managed to get out of her way just in time.  With all the parents of
Conny's students watching.

Winni can't rather stand close vicinity of other horses, but will still
panic when left alone.  Frido is not a socializer either.  And he is
essentially mute.  After the foal was born, there was a period of a few
weeks where he actually neighed.  But he has become mute again soon
afterwards.