Re: Gub upload failure

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Gub upload failure
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:39:40 +0100

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 03:17:40PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> git --git-dir downloads/lilypond/git push
> ssh+git://address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git/
> refs/tags/release/2.17.1-1:refs/tags/release/2.17.1-1
> Permission denied (publickey).
>
> I'm assuming that this is because GUB is trying to log in as you to
> the git repo and failing, because it has my key?  a) is that right?
> b) should I find the address@hidden bit and change this to my git
> username and c) what does this command do?

a) yes
b) very top of test-lily/upload.py.  "maintainer" refers to the
interaction with lilypond git repo.  It would be nice if this was
configurable somewhere other than editing the source code (i.e.
local.make, an environmental variable, whatever).
c) in lilypond git, type "git tag".  Those show the exact commit
hashes of every release we have; this makes it easier to do things
like a git bisect of all changes between 2.15.36 and 2.15.37 to
find out when a particular bug was introduced.