Re: Cache all pure minimum translations (issue 6498053)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Cache all pure minimum translations (issue 6498053)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 09:20:42 +0200

On 31 août 2012, at 08:35, address@hidden wrote:

>>  I'm averaging about a 7% speed up
>>  but it's not statistically significant.
>
> What types of scores get slower ?
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/6498053/

It's just erratic - sometimes I'll run it and it'll be the same speed,
sometimes I see a speed up.  My computer has all sorts of cruft hogging memory,
so it's tough for me to accurately evaluate if there is a speed up.  There's
only been a slow-down once, though, and it was on a score that almost always
showed speed-ups (a Mozart horn concerto I use regularly for tests).

So if you're finding that the patch categorically speeds things up, all is well.

Cheers,
MS