Re: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skyline

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skylines. (issue 6498077)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 12:15:27 +0100

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 08:33:45AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
-snip review-
> So, _now_ please take every sentence and every answer in this mail,
> rewrite it in the form of a comment and stick it in the file in the
> places where people would be looking for it.

Yes.

> _This_ is the kind of information that needs to be in comments in the
> file, at the places where you would be looking for it.  Putting it in
> some comments in a Rietveld tracker does not make sense.

Yes.

> Probably we should make it a rule that a patch submitter can't post
> followup comments but only followup patches.  That way the information
> ends up where it needs to be.

I don't think we should have such a blanket rule for everybody
(particularly for new contributors), but I would *really* like it
if Mike tried this as an experiment.

I suggest that for the next 7 days, we forbid Mike from replying
to any reviews.  When people ask questions about his patches and
what they're doing, he should either watch the fumbling discussion
to see how badly people interpret how the patch works, or upload
new patches with comments.  Of course, this exercise will only
work if other developers make a point of trying to understand what
Mike's patches are doing.