Re: remove top-level const's from declarations (issue 6501096)

From: Benkő Pál
Subject: Re: remove top-level const's from declarations (issue 6501096)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 09:40:32 +0200

> Could you elaborate on why we want this?

I seem to have misunderstood your qouted comment
http://codereview.appspot.com/6477062/#msg5

> Do the consts fail to
> compile with some compiler, or are they only supposed to be
> included in the C++ files, or...?

I faintly remember a version of MSVC++ mishandling these, i.e.
handling foo (int) and foo (int const) as different signatures,
which was particularly annoying with virtual members.
I fear these const's can mislead developers not absolutely
up-to-date with all the exact details of the c++ standards.