Re: lilypond-devel Digest, Vol 118, Issue 55

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond-devel Digest, Vol 118, Issue 55
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 17:09:06 +0200

On 09/07/2012 03:02 PM, address@hidden wrote:
It's not meant to be disrespectful but how about

* lilypond-croaking
* lilypond-croaks
* lilypond-quacks
* lilypond-quack-pack
(* lilypond-quackery)

;)

Can't help thinking of what happened when I worked at a company some 20 years back and we used internal internet news groups (does anybody remember those). Some were used to spread official information but there were also one, for example, for buy&sell. Once, there was a post saying "Kittens for sale, 1 dollar per paw". Obviously there came a response "I'll have one paw", followed by a series of more and more vulgar cat jokes. Some people got so upset that a dedicated news group was created for cat jokes and these were forbidden in all other news groups.

Seriously, I don't really see the point of a separate mailing list. We are already so used to long discussions on lilypond-devel. Also, I expect a fairly large portion of the current subscribers to lilypond-devel would join in on the new list.

   /Mats