grob-object information

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: grob-object information
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 16:48:58 +0200

Hello list,

for my work on the volta bracket inclusion for the new bar line interface,
I need to know how the bars are ordered in (ly:grob-object grob 'bars).

Please see the attached file.

For the \musOne, I get a grob array with eight BarLine grobs
(two for each staff) for the first volta bracket (and one for
the second volta bracket, of course):

|------volta------|
<BarLine> <BarLine>
<BarLine> <BarLine>
<BarLine> <BarLine>
<BarLine> <BarLine>

For \musTwo, I get a grob array consisting of eight BarLine grobs
(because the bracket spans eight bars in a single line) and a second
one for the second volta bracket.

<BarLine> <BarLine> <BarLine> <BarLine> <BarLine> <BarLine> <BarLine> <BarLine>

Is there any chance to get to know how the grobs are arranged?
Or more formally: how can I get the 2D structure back from a 1D vector?

Thanks in advance,

Marc