Re: Minor release checklist

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Minor release checklist
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 09:12:44 -0700

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 12:01:28PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> Hmm.  Still getting the same problem.  The following directories are
> missing:
>
> gub/uploads/localdoc/V2.17.2
> gub/uploads/webdoc/V2.17.2
> gub/uploads/webtest/V2.17.2
> gub/uploads/webtest/V2.17.2/compare-etc
>
> This prevents the upload.  It looks like they should be created by
>
> unlocked-doc-export:
> unlocked-test-export:
>
> but I can't figure out why these haven't run.  Wonder whether
> running make unlocked-doc-export would fix it, but don't want to
> just go ahead without further consideration.

I think it would be good to track down this bug.  If you just
build lilypond-test, can you follow the makefile rules?  The rules
are spread between GNUmakefile and lilypond.make.  You're correct
that unlocked-doc-export should be run.

I /think/ that the command you want is:

bin/gub --platform=linux-x86 \
  'git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond-test.git?branch=release/unstable

or else maybe just
make -f lilypond.make test

I assume that you have the previous regtest tarball in regtests/ ?

> FWIW I've not pulled the git repo for gub recently.  I guess that
> even if this would help, it would be a long old compile again...

Yes.  But since you completed it once, I doubt that any further
work in GUB would help.

... actually, on further thought, I'm suspecting that there's some
bad commit in git between 2.17.1 and current git.  I would have
expected that to kill the build, though.