Re: Fix for poblematic snippet in /Documentation/snippets and LSR -polic

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Fix for poblematic snippet in /Documentation/snippets and LSR -policy?
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:10:08 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Morley" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:56 AM

Hi,

a recent discussion at the german LilyPond-Forum showed a problem with
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/snippets/text#text-center-text-below-hairpin-dynamics
If the NoteColumn, where the Hairpin starts, has a 'DynamicText
attached, LilyPond returns weird output.

I wrote a fix for that. But now I'm not sure what to do with it.
The snippet is part of the LSR: http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=233

I could simply change the LSR (without any review?)
or
I could make a bug-report, create a patch, upload to Rietveld etc

What's our policy about that?

If it's a general problem with lilypond, submit a bug report with a tiny example to the bugs mailing list.

If there's nothing intrinsically wrong with lilypond, but just the way the snippet handles it, then the snippet needs correcting. If it's not tagged docs, then just go ahead and fix it. If it's tagged docs, consider at least proposing the change on this mailing list. If it's really contraversial, running a review would be advisable.

--
Phil Holmes