Re: Git translation branch policy change: merge with and from stable/2.1

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Git translation branch policy change: merge with and from stable/2.16
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 10:44:54 +0200

2012/9/8 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
> Hi John,
> as things are today, can we keep doing the usual merges of
> translation-->staging and master-->translation?

I still had no response, but now I have a request. The translation
branch is still in 'stable' status. I think it should be kept so for a
while, i.e. not to merge master into translation until a new 2.16.x
stable is released. I believe this is the path to go because no
translation/stable branch has been created, therefore if we want to
sync our translations to master, we have no way of knowing what to
translate and what not to.

After next 2.16.x, we can merge master into translation and go on with
translation of development branch.

Right?
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)