Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2717 in lilypond: Patch: Implement \hidden/\hi

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2717 in lilypond: Patch: Implement \hidden/\hide as shorthands for \tweak/\override #'stencil = ##f
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 19:28:22 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> Still, something more convincing for \single would be nice.
>
> \immediate?

How is \once not immediate?  Or actually any override?  At least I am
not convinced.

Another thought I had was to punt and not create a separate command, but
just let \tweak itself take an override instead of a specification, like

\tweak \hideNotes c

but I am not particularly enthused about that.  Currently the signature
of \tweak is something like

(parser location name property value music)
((string?) symbol? scheme? ly:music?)

and this change would not really be all that compatible.  I think I
figured some rather contrived combination of options to hand-simulate
that kind of behavior, but I am no longer sure.  A separate word seems
saner.