Re: Doc: Improve documentation of \glissando. (issue 6529043)

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Doc: Improve documentation of \glissando. (issue 6529043)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 21:05:51 +0000

On 2012/09/20 18:08:15, Graham Percival wrote:
We normally do not include \override in most sections of the Notation
manual.
Instead, we ask users to submit LSR snippets showing the \override,
then we
include those snippets in the docs.  This allows us to improve the
documentation
with minimal effort on the part of developers.

If there's a special reason to include \override directly, then we can
-- we do
this when discussing automatic beaming, for example, because there's
no sense in
mentioning this without having overrides.  But I'm not certain if this
applies
in this case?

glissando-skip was introduced somewhere in 2.15.x, so no snippet using
it can make into LSR.
Thinking of an LSR-update, David recently suggested to wait a bit:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2012-09/msg00715.html

http://codereview.appspot.com/6529043/