Re: Doc: document \time command fully (2807) (issue 6532055)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Doc: document \time command fully (2807) (issue 6532055)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:29:10 +0200

James <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been looking at the LSR and wondered if this now makes some of
> the snippets redundant (or less useful - i.e no need to set a
> scheme-type function explicitly).
>
> I.e
>
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=605
>
> qBeam = {
>         \set beamExceptions =
>       #'(
>          (end .
>           (
>            ((1 . 8) . (2 2 2 2))
>          )))
> }
>
> and

The \time argument sets beatStructure, the beamExceptions are for
specifying beaming in violation of beatStructure, so they are not
affected here.

> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=523
>
> (although the snippet says in the code itself 'which will work with
>>="2.15.19"."

Misleading quoting.  It says

% In Documentation/snippets/new you can find a version,
% which will work with >="2.15.19".

and indeed, you can just run convert-ly on this snippet and get a
version using the new syntax.