Feature request

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Feature request
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 08:02:42 +0200

We get about 1 request per month of the kind in
<URL:http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-09/msg00600.html>
"I can't get the automated beams to look like the manual beams in
measure 1".

Can we just get a command
\beaming { [c8 c] c r [c c c c] }
which converts its argument into overrides for beatStructure and
beamExceptions?

Sure, it will be a hassle to work on it until it is fit for every
nuance, but it is a hassle right now anyway to keep answering the same
question when obviously the users can already phrase the question in a
manner that the computer could be taught to understand.