Re: Feature request

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Feature request
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:53:16 +0200

On 24 September 2012 08:02, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> We get about 1 request per month of the kind in
> <URL:http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-09/msg00600.html>
> "I can't get the automated beams to look like the manual beams in
> measure 1".
>
> Can we just get a command
> \beaming { c8[ c] c r c[ c c c] }
> which converts its argument into overrides for beatStructure and
> beamExceptions?

Nice idea.
The average user is usually confused with automatic beaming rules
(that is true now but that was already the case for the preceding
beaming system).  Your "show \beaming by example how to do it" idea
could help to set autobeaming rules in a more comprehensive way.

On 24 September 2012 15:02, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes.  I would go even one step further, defining subbeams also.

That would be great.
This automatic subdivision beaming feature has been asked regularly
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-01/msg00062.html
(also on the French users mailing list) and it is tracked as issue 2361

I can't remember what was Carl's last statement about it though.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>