Re: Adds tick mark to scripts (issue 6568055)

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: Adds tick mark to scripts (issue 6568055)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 09:11:19 +0000

Hi,

thanks for including me in reviewers, Phil - i would probably miss it
otherwise.

The shape is ok.  Personally i would make the right arm a tad thicker
and a bit less curved, but that's only my opinion.

As for the bounding box, i definitely think that it should be moved,
both horizontally and vertically.

Horizontally, i would align the center of the bounding box to the "dip
point".  This would allow "visual centering" of the glyph on something.
Vertically, i agree with Werner that the bounding box shouldn't be
bigger than the glyph - the distance between staff and the mark should
be achieved in some other way.  I would also place the vertical "center"
of the box level with "top dip point", ie the point labeled 2r in dvi
preview i see on my machine.

Also, do you have some snippet demonstrating this glyph along with some
notes?  If so, please post it in the tracker.

Thanks,
Janek

http://codereview.appspot.com/6568055/