Re: bar-line interface part 2/2: New bar line definition standard (issue

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: bar-line interface part 2/2: New bar line definition standard (issue 6498052)
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 11:14:06 +0200

Am 29.09.2012 07:11, schrieb address@hidden:
Looks good so far.

In one pdf previewer (evince) at low resolution, the span bars look a
little thicker than the regular bar lines. Maybe a rounding fault of
the viewer, but it would be better if you know how to avoid it.
If you zoom it, this will disappear, of course (I looked at bar lines with Adobe Reader at very high zoom levels), but I use evince, too and do not see these artifacts. What I spot is a thin white line between staff and span bar that disappears when zooming in,
due to the span bars being a different object.

I don't know how this can be avoided, though.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498052/diff/24001/scm/bar-line.scm
File scm/bar-line.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498052/diff/24001/scm/bar-line.scm#newcode953
scm/bar-line.scm:953: (ly:grob-property right-bar-line 'glyph-name)))
Sometimes I get a crash that I traced back to a null -- that is, '() --
left-bar-glyph-name here. The piece in question has a repeat
alternative that starts a on new line.
Thanks! I found out that this is exactly the error that lets 'make test' fail –
in input/regression/instrument-name-volta.ly we have exactly this situation.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498052/diff/24001/scm/bar-line.scm#newcode1029
scm/bar-line.scm:1029:
;; "normal bar -annotation" "end of line" "start of line" "span bar"
You are right, this should be documented in the comment; will do in the next patch release.

Regards,

Marc

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498052/