Re: [talk] easy tuplets

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [talk] easy tuplets
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 17:56:41 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 27 sept. 2012, at 19:38, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 25/09/12 18:03, James wrote:
>>> PAH!
>>>
>>> I bet Mike Solo would eat Ferneyhough for breakfast
>>
>> If you mean Mike Solomon then yes, his scores engraved with Lilypond
>> are mightily impressive. :-)
>>
>> ... but for the problem at hand -- in the scores I've seen, he
>> doesn't use the complex nested tuplets or so-called "irrational" (*)
>> time signatures that Ferneyhough does.
>>

>> (* Very odd use of the term "irrational", because actually these
>> time signatures involve a perfectly rational division of the bar.
>> So far I've never a time signature like pi/4 ...:-)
>>

> From my Suite Post Algorithmica.
>
> Cheers,
> MS
>
> \version "2.14.0"
> \paper { ragged-last-bottom = ##f }
> \header { title = "Trees and nests" tagline=""}

[...]

This score benefits a _lot_ from placing the following from
<URL:http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-09/msg00419.html>
in your layout block:

  \context {
    \Voice
    \consists
    #(make-engraver
      (acknowledgers
       ((note-head-interface engraver grob source)
        (let* ((now (ly:moment-main
                     (ly:context-property
                      (ly:translator-context engraver)
                      'measurePosition 0)))
               (g (ly:engraver-make-grob engraver 'TextScript grob)))
         (ly:grob-set-property! g 'text
          #{ \markup \fontsize #-3 #(format #f "~a" now)
             #})))))
    }