Re: [proposal] easy triplets and tuplets - Draft 2

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [proposal] easy triplets and tuplets - Draft 2
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 22:44:51 +0200

Benkő Pál <address@hidden> writes:

>>> That would be \times 3/4 rather than \times 6/4, right?
>>
>> Exactly.
>
> four quarters, yes; four eigths are 6/4, and that's what I've seen.
>
> regarding the \tuplet <integer> shorthand: I would hate "\tuplet n"
> meaning not "\tuplet n/1" but "\tuplet n/2" or something else
> (but that probably means only that I wouldn't use that shorthand).

Well, since it really is a "symbolic integer" rather than numeric, it
would feel appropriate to write this as

\tuplet3 { ... }
\tuplet2 { ... }

Of course, the absence of the space is purely a matter of writing style
here; it makes no semantic difference.  But for _this_ usage pattern, it
feels like a somewhat natural choice.