Re: problem uploading a patch

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: problem uploading a patch
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 21:11:06 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Nalesnik" <address@hidden>
To: "Lilypond Dev" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:56 PM
Subject: problem uploading a patch

Hi,

I'm trying to upload a patch created in a branch to Rietveld, but I
seem to be creating an unholy mess.  I attempted to run
git-cl upload master
within my branch, but I end up with a huge list of recent commits not
my own.  The same thing happened when I ran
git format-patch master
and earlier, when I tried to merge several commits with
git rebase -i master

I'm not sure what's going on here.

I did manage to get a .patch file with my commits (in the midst of
dozens of others).  Is there a simple command to upload this to
Rietveld?

Thanks,
David

If you have a record of changes you've made, then I tend to use

git reset --hard origin/master which takes you back to the current state of master, and then
   git am your.patch

which applies the patch you have.  Follow this with

   git cl issue your_issue_number

in case git cl is confused, and finally

   git cl upload

--