Re: [PossibleSpam] Re: 2.16.1

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: [PossibleSpam] Re: 2.16.1
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 00:49:40 +0200

2012/10/23 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 2012/10/22 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>>>
>>> Here is another problem with translations that is rather curious:
>>> commit bf1900d44f4937fe8e69e0e04e188a0c3daf5172
>>> Author: Francisco Vila <address@hidden>
>>> Date:   Thu May 31 11:18:26 2012 +0200
>>>
>>> has some bit of English content in here that is totally out of place:
>>> and that causes documentation compilation of issue 2883 to fail after
>>> syntax changes.
>>
>> I have pushed the missing translation.
>>
>> But the @lilypond snippet matches the one from original English in
>> Documentation/changes.tely , all snippets do match, so how can the
>> Spanish version break anything?
>
> Well, the problem more or less is that changes.tely (in English or in
> Spanish) does not have a \version header.  I don't really know whether
> this is intentional.  It is possible that it is, in order to be able to
> show before/after pairs of LilyPond syntax without having the before
> version clobbered by convert-ly.

In any case, incompatible syntax versions can not live simultaneously
in the same file, it would be non-compilable. This is obvious. OTOH
@example blocks with no music image are not compiled, but would they
be affected by convert-ly?

> The problem now is not actually that Documentation/es/changes.tely
> contained unconverted material.  The problem rather is that
> Documentation/es is the _only_ translation containing a changes.tely
> file at all!

I can not see the problem.

> If you take a look at
> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/changes/index.html>,
> you'll see that the _only_ "other language" offered at the bottom of the
> page is "espaƱol".

git ls-files | grep changes.tely

> Now the changes have not been reset to empty in master yet as
> translations are generally still in 2.16 state.

Now they are, pushed to staging.

> I have no idea why Spanish is the only translation caring about
> "Changes".  But while that is the case, it would be helpful if you
> already committed a change to staging resetting the Spanish "Changes"
> section to the state in the international Changes document.  Once we
> change the translation branch over to master rather than stable/2.16,
> this change will get merged into translation with the initial
> master->translation merge.

Is there any problem in translation branch yet? changes.tely in there
is intended to be compiled during 'make doc' with the very same
lilypond version that is compiled from that same branch during 'make'.

Oh dear, this could be written much better, but I have now only 5
hours for sleeping, so I'm done for today.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com