Re: Moderation on lilypond-auto?

From: James
Subject: Re: Moderation on lilypond-auto?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:22:27 +0000

Hello,

On 12 November 2012 18:12, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> James <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Any reason you feel you need to do that - run patchy staging that is -
>> I am permanently running every 2 hours.
>
> Huh, I thought I remembered that we had about two runs per day.

Yes that was true, but as my server sits idle most of the day and can
build/merge and push in 20 minutes, it matters not to me if it merges
twice a day or twice an hour. I have the cycles.

Anyway, if someone pushes before mine, like Phil does when he makes
LSR updates for instance, it chugs away as normal but then just says
someone else has already merged, and then waits for another couple of
hours.

 > If it
> is two-hourly, there is not much of a point for me running it.

Hence my email.

> I mostly do it when I suspect something to be fishy or want to have
> things flush out before starting on more complex rebases that would be a
> nuisance to redo in case a particular patch in the queue turns out bad.

Well I can lessen the rate if you like, just in case you ever had to
sort some mess out, but two hours seems a pretty useful window.

James