Re: Doc: new syntax for \tweak, \override (2936) (issue 6852052)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Doc: new syntax for \tweak, \override (2936) (issue 6852052)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:13:26 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/diff/1/Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely
File Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/diff/1/Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely#newcode221
Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely:221: @var{value}.  This must always
be present in exactly this form.
"in exactly this form" is a bit of a stretch now when we are only
talking about # rather than also #'.  I'd also write
"This must always be present when writing values in Scheme." since there
are LilyPond syntax expressions that work fine without #.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/diff/1/Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely
File Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/diff/1/Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely#newcode1913
Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely:1913: @c This section
should be moved to the Extending Manual -td
This section seems rather wrong (the internals of overrides and sets
look different).  Where did it come from?  I don't think it would be
feasible to make it both correct and useful, so I would rather delete it
completely than commenting it out.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/diff/1/Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely#newcode1988
Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely:1988: or to modify the
two ends of spanners, use the form
"two ends of spanners" -> "the left end of a text spanner" ?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/diff/1/Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely#newcode2133
Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely:2133: This is still valid
but is likely to become deprecated in some
No, it is not still valid: you can't optionally specify layout-object in
this manner any more.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely
File Documentation/notation/spacing.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode1204
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:1204: TextScript.padding = #1
This is not a new problem, but I don't understand why there is no
\override before the lines in this example.  Put into a layout block
like that, it will likely cause segfaults.  But I really don't
understand what "would consist of" in the above paragraph is supposed to
mean.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode1218
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:1218: NoteHead.font-size= #4 %
(written in the variable definition)
The equals sign is placed uglily.  And again, I have no idea what the
example is supposed to show.  Maybe one should check which commit these
example come from originally and see whether it can be made to actually
documents what it was intended to do.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6852052/