Re: new texinfo version

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: new texinfo version
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 14:26:36 -0800

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:21:13PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> given that lilypond is very demanding w.r.t. texinfo it might be a
> good idea to test the prelease of the upcoming 4.14 version.

Wow, they had a release?  cool!

> The greatest drawback is, AFAIK, that texi2html is *much* slower, so
> someone with a fast machine should try it...

The time spent on makeinfo, as opposed to lilypond-book, is fairly
minimal.  This would slow down plain old "make", though.

But the biggest concern is that I'm willing to be that our
texi2html.init file will not be compatible with texinfo 4.14.  It
will likely take hours to adjust things for the new system -- and
those adjustements are likely to cause it to fail to build on
texinfo 4.13a versions.