Re: markup-commands rest-by-number and rest (issue 6850073)

From: dak
Subject: Re: markup-commands rest-by-number and rest (issue 6850073)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:55:43 +0000

On 2012/11/26 11:51:03, dak wrote:
On 2012/11/26 11:37:26, benko.pal wrote:

> I just meant that instead of checking several times whether dealing
with
> multi-measure rest or not, you may convert duration log at a single
place
(with
> the caveat of turning a negative sign to 'M' instead of '-').

Probably even without the caveat.  I think that some code fairly close
to the
font backend does this conversion.  I remember distinctly going nuts
over those
character names at some point of time because I could not figure out
why a minus
did not cause problems.

lily/font-metric.cc:

Stencil
Font_metric::find_by_name (string s) const
{
  replace_all (&s, '-', 'M');

So I'd suggest not treating the '-' at all (to make things not more
confusing than they already are) and letting the font backend sort
things out.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6850073/