Re: Checks for recursive element behavior (issue 6943072)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Checks for recursive element behavior (issue 6943072)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:09:02 +0000

On 2012/12/21 07:59:02, MikeSol wrote:
Hey all,

I'm ok w/ this on the countdown but can someone check out David's
suspicion that
this slows stuff down by O(n^3)?  I definitely won't push this if it
slows
LilyPond down to a crawl.

I am not ok with that.  It looks really, really, really expensive.  I
don't see what would be wrong with just setting a context property flag
axis-group-active in the engraver and refuse to maintain an axis group
if the flag is already set.

Another reasonable course would be to merge Hara_kiri_engraver and
Axis_group_engraver and let the difference just be determined by setting
flags.  Then we can get rid of the error-prone parts of
\RemoveEmptyStaves, the meddling with engravers.  However, it would not
help against nesting Staffs or similar things causing multiple axis
groups.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6943072/