Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 07:50:36 +0100

On 22 déc. 2012, at 07:43, address@hidden wrote:

> https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/34001/lily/axis-group-interface.cc#newcode845
> lily/axis-group-interface.cc:845: // really depend on position of the
> cross-staff grobs that lie between them.
> An old comment, but is it backwards?
> Obviously, the position of a cross-staff beam depends on the distance
> between the staves that it spans, not the other way around.

It is cyclical for cross staff grobs in general.  As staves spread apart
vertically, cross-staff grobs' shapes change, which changes potential
positioning of grobs above/below them, which changes staff spacing, which
changes the shape of cross staff grobs, which...

The work I'm doing now is preparing a way to better estimate all this stuff by
removing calls to translate_axis.

Cheers,
MS