Re: Accidental placement

From: Joram Berger
Subject: Re: Accidental placement
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 20:25:16 +0100

Am 13.01.2013 19:31, schrieb address@hidden:
> … It is possible to do accidental configuration
> "scoring" with a priority queue, very much how we do slurs.  But I have
> no clue how much this would slow the program down.

It is only an issue for chords with more than 2 accidentals, which
should not be too frequent (the run time should stay reasonable, for sure).
What would be the scoring metric? Compact accidental group and small
distance to corresponding notehead?
This is only a guess that sound reasonable to me. Does anyone know
accepted rules for accidentals, which reach that level of details?

Joram